Women Inspired: Supporting Entrepreneurship (WISE) will support existing women entrepreneurs by developing their skills in digital marketing and e-commerce through online training so women can grow their SME business, open up new markets and prosper in a global economy; it will provide a forum to build a community to network with other women entrepreneurs and to inspire women to set up a business.
With the negative impact of COVID19 on the economy and how the pandemic has increased the use of e-commerce for buying and selling it is critical that women entrepreneurs build a strong online digital marketing and e-commerce strategy to engage with consumers and increase revenue by expanding their business beyond their local area.
The WISE Learning and Community Platform evolved as a result of the professional experience of the project partners and their involvement in a number of Erasmus+ projects which identified women entrepreneurs as the specific target group requiring support.
Women entrepreneurs tend to work alone, their businesses are generally small and their working hours are flexible for around family commitments. Over time they lack digital marketing and e-commerce skills to expand their business and require that learning opportunity to be flexible and accessible online.
The WISE project will develop the skills of women entrepreneurs through KNOWLEDGE, TOOLS AND TO SHARE
KNOWLEDGE: By developing an online learning course on digital marketing and e-commerce
- The course will include a series of modules to develop the knowledge and skills of women entrepreneurs to create an online identity for their business.
- The content will be driven by both experts and learners tailored to both the beginner and the more experienced to develop new and advance existing skills as a self-paced course on Moodle (OERs, free to use)
TOOLS: A Digital Toolbox and Online Handbook of Good Practice Examples of Women
- To create an ‘ideas bank’ with practical tutorials of the best digital tools, services, and frameworks used by women entrepreneurs to address the needs of women starting a new business, transforming the existing business to digital requirements, and expanding their business activities.
- To gather a set of best practice examples and video testimonials of women entrepreneurs who use digital marketing and e-commerce to promote their business online to inspire and encourage other women to use these tools in their business
SHARE: A Woman Entrepreneurs LEARNING and COMMUNITY PORTAL
- To bring together the online learning course (01) and digital toolbox and Handbook of good practice on a Portal to share knowledge and tools to develop the skills of women entrepreneurs.
- To create a place for cooperation, exchange of ideas and opinions for women entrepreneurs during the project and beyond to enable women to continually learn, share, and inspire each other.
- Provide the opportunity to present the ongoing work of the project to target groups (women/entrepreneurs) in order to gather feedback and pre-evaluate the practical usefulness.
- The Rural Centre (Wielka Brytania)
- CPIP- Comunitatea Pentru Invatarea Permanenta (Rumunia)
- Growth Coop (Hiszpania)
- Actuado d.o.o. (Słowenia)